Who We Are
The Jeffco GOP is the Jefferson County, Colorado arm of the Republican Party. The elected members of our organization include precinct captains, district captains, and County Party officers. Every two years, we reorganize the party through an election process. Our mission drives our work.
Current JCR Elected Officers
What We Believe
Our mission is to inspire, educate, activate, and recruit citizens to elect Republican candidates who support our core values.
- Protect the free rights of the individual
- Protect the free enterprise system
- Reduce government to the lowest practical level
- Endorse and practice fiscal responsibility
What We Do
Run Precinct Caucuses
Registered Republicans meet every two years in their neighborhood precincts to:
- Elect their representatives (delegates) to go to various assemblies in order to elect Republican(s) to appear on the Primary Ballot
- Propose and vote on the Party Platform (our stated values)
- Elect two Precinct Committee People to be members of the Central Committee (voting members of the Jeffco GOP organization). These two officials are their neighborhood liaison to the GOP. Any registered Republican meeting residency qualifications may run for this position.
Run the County Assembly
We chose our candidates for the Primary ballot at assembly. These include: candidates for County seats and State House and Senate districts.
Encourage Liberty-minded Citizens to Run for Office
We want to see strong conservatives run for public office. We promote citizen statesmanship and offer training and support to potential candidates.
Assist GOP Candidates
Candidates run their own campaigns, but we help GOP candidates get elected primarily through the grassroots efforts of volunteers. We remain active throughout the year, informing our constituency, supporting our candidates, and working with our elected officials to ensure our values are promoted at all levels of government.
Our work is never done. Whether it is a General Election year or an “off-year” when nonpartisan races are held, we remain involved and promote conservative values.